Alchemy Fundamentals, formerly known as Leadership Seminar, is Alchemy’s signature course and the first phase of Alchemy’s leadership training. Alchemy’s focus is on the working relationship between the Executive Director and the Board Chair, which is why the presence of both parties at all training sessions is required.
Alchemy Fundamentals consists of three full-day sessions. Critical issues covered are board governance and effectiveness, fundraising, and financial sustainability.
To apply for Alchemy Fundamentals:
- Your organization must be a qualified 501(c)(3) public charity.
- Your organization must be located in Los Angeles, Ventura, Orange, San Bernardino or Riverside County.
- Your organization must have a functioning Board of Directors/Trustees.
Alchemy Fundamentals Day 1: Board Governance
- Assessing the board, board building cycles, and committees
- Recruitment, diversity and creating a sustainable board structure
- Board Governance 101: review of consent agenda and its purpose, roles & responsibilities, board agreements and other key aspects of effective board development and governance
Alchemy Fundamentals Day 2: Fundraising and Storytelling
- Building your donor pyramid, exploring major gift campaigns
- Individual giving campaigns, creating a sustainable donor base
- Communicating and fundraising for your cause
Alchemy Fundamentals Day 3: Financials Overview and Management
- Exploring types of budgets, actuals vs. accrued, budgeting basics and best practices
- Reviewing 990 forms and audited financials, using them effectively to tell your financial story
Alchemy Fundamentals Schedule:
|Los Angeles County Alchemy workshop dates:
Tuesday, March 5, 2019
|Inland Empire Alchemy workshop dates:
Wednesday, March 6, 2019
|Orange County Alchemy workshop dates:
Thursday, March 7, 2019