Annenberg Learner and Step Up Tutoring Announce Tutor Registration Event to Benefit Los Angeles Elementary Students Who Have Been Impacted By Learning Loss
- Who: Annenberg Learner and Step Up Tutoring
- What: “Tacos for Tutors” – Volunteer tutor registration drive with FREE tacos
- Where: Electric Lodge (Parking Lot) – 1416 Electric Ave, Venice, CA 90291
- When: Saturday, May 15, 11 AM – 3 PM
- Why: To match educated, committed volunteer tutors with 3rd – 6th grade LAUSD students from communities most impacted by school closures
This Saturday, May 15, Annenberg Learner and Step Up Tutoring will host “Tacos for Tutors,” a volunteer registration drive at Electric Lodge, in Venice, CA. Step Up and Annenberg Learner have committed to matching volunteer tutors with 3rd-6th grade students in the Los Angeles Unified School District, many of whom have suffered dramatic learning losses due to the COVID-19 pandemic and the disruption of in-person instruction.
Applicants will be able register to become volunteer tutors by filling out the online application on the Step Up Tutoring website, at stepuptutoring.org, either ahead of time or at the event. Once prospective tutors have been registered, they will be interviewed by specially trained Step Up volunteers. Upon the successful completion of their interview, new tutors will be able to complete their state-mandated Live Scan digital fingerprinting on-site, for free. Finally, newly-fingerprinted tutors will relax and enjoy tacos from El Paladar Oaxaqueño, courtesy of Step Up Tutoring and Annenberg Learner.
To be eligible, volunteers must be at least 18 years old, have completed or begun working toward an Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree, have reliable internet access and reside in California. Apply online at stepuptutoring.org.